19 September 2007

Futuristic Fonts?


Fig 1. Induction font

Fig 2.Checkbook font





The fonts used in my webpage is going to be absolutely important. I'm using a futuristic/sci-fiction theme, so i'm going to use some futuristic fonts.

I've downloaded some sci-fi and futuristic font to experiment with and there are 2 I like: checkbook and induction. These are just free fonts you can download off the net. I will use checkbook for sub-headings and induction for the main title of the webpage called "MINISITE 2".

However firefox and explorer don't recognise these fonts, unless all users in the world has this particular custom font. So therefore I would have to type these fonts up in photoshop and save them as an raster image.

1 comment:

+ said...

Hey peter,
just had a peak at your minisite2,
looks better than your first one.
Maybe you shouls use smaller images and link them to a larger image, this way you save download size and space on the screen.
-damien