15 September 2007

Minisite 2: Progression


I'm still working on my minisite 2. So far I had to re-learn CSS from scratch and it took forever...(echo-ing)

Yeah, but I must say, my tag muscle has beefed up and I'm glad I went through that hard training. Now I know how to use the "div id" tags in the html document in conjunction with the css file.

In my minisite 2 so far, I've got the header, main body background, text and the navigation menu. Soon I will put image documentation of my project to assiociate with those links. Here's how it looks so far (see above)

Users will be able to navigate through the website by hovering their mouse over the menu. I wanted to use this other way of creating a menu, but it was quite differcult at this stage, because it requires nested layers. Perhaps I will do that for minisite 3.

Even though the website looks simple, it took me like 4 days to set up all the images and links to work right. It required a lot of trial and error, because there was a lot of coding problems. For example, the menu would disappear into now where until I set the left and top location and position to be absolute.

No comments: